Wednesday 10 December 2008

~ A Year of Ornaments ~

Well my year long SAL with Sandra is over. It has been a great experience and thank you Sandra for being a wonderful SAL partner. I am certain the assembly of some of our ornaments has at times been a tad 'trying' for us both and at times we have thought they were destined for 'the bin' but overall, I hope it has helped us learn and improve on our finishing skills. I know I am pretty happy with my finished results and now have 12 ornaments that I wouldn't have had otherwise and without the encouragement from Sandra.


So here are our year long efforts....
These are our five With My Needle designs which make up a nice little needlework set



My version with the background fabric shown as used for the lining




Sandra's version



and the other seven of my versions...




and Sandra's full set...



I have another couple of finishes to show as well. this is from the 2008 JCS Christmas book and is from Blackbird Designs...


and this, my Blackbird Designs 'Pins and Tulip Pincushion' from the
Thank You Sarah Tobias book.



so I really have been doing the odd stitch or two :) and now it is time for me to get back to the baby sampler I am stitching for my darling little No 2 grand daughter. Hopefully, I will be able to show you this in the new year.

Until next time.


Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.

~Mother Teresa

7 comments:

  1. All the ornaments are gorgeous, congratulations to you and Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a great experience Chrissie stitching all those ornaments, even though, as you say, some were a bit on the hard side. I like the legs on my snowbird, he looks like he's had a couple of drinks already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have both done wonderfully with all of your ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is gorgeous and all the finishing is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've both done so well with your ornaments and needlework sets. Congratulations! The finishing of them is excellent. I love both your BBD finishes too, Chrissie. That stocking is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a busy gal! They would look lovely on the Christmas tree. You should show them off :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your ornaments look amazing. You finish everything off so nicely. I love them all.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete