Monday 31 March 2008

Strawberry Blonde

Today was such a brilliant day I decided to take a photo of my current work in progress. This is my WIP on Carriage House Sampling Strawberry Blonde. Now I don't claim to be the fastest stitcher and this is taking me a while although I have been stitching a few little addition projects along the way. This is such an enjoyable stitch and I love the way it is turning out. The thread is DMC and if I remember correctly the linen is from Stitches and Spice . I love the colours in this.

As I mentioned, it was a really lovely autumn day today so I also took this photo of one of the plants I have growing in a pot. Petrea Volubilis Purple Passion It is flowering right now and is such a pretty flower. I love autumn.

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
George Eliot

2 comments:

  1. So much work in Strawberry Blonde, I can see it would take a while to do. Looking lovely so far.

    Your potted plant is beautiful and a glorious, sunny day to photograph it (I'm envious of your weather - our Autumn hasn't been the best so far).

    ReplyDelete
  2. SB is looking lovely Chrissie, I might be tempted to start that one too.

    ReplyDelete